A chiropodist/podiatrist is a regulated primary health care practitioner, who is trained in the assessment, prevention and treatment of foot and ankle related disorders. They are an essential member of the health care team, providing continuing care of patient’s feet. A chiropodist provides a wide range of services to people of all ages, from proper shoe fitting, to custom orthotics, and soft tissue surgery. Common foot conditions and injuries can restrict daily activities, limit mobility and impact other parts of the body (i.e. knees, hips and backs).
No referral is necessary to see a Chiropodist.
Services provided by Chiropodists/Podiatrists include:
- General and Diabetic Foot Care
- Treatment of Skin Conditions – warts, callus and corns, athlete’s foot and dermatitis
- Treatment of Toe Nail Conditions – fungal toe nails, thick toenails and ingrown toenails
- Treatment of Foot Ailments – including general foot and ankle pain, heel pain, arch pain, toe pain, sprains and strains
- Treatment of Structural Foot Conditions – high arched feet, flat feet, bunions and hammer toes
- Custom Made Foot Orthotics
- Footwear Advice and Modifications